Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Work Hard to Play Harder

I had made a list of "Don'ts" last night for the Christmas party, but on the drive there I was thinking to myself that year after year, I've always been trying to lose weight. It's almost the end of the year, but it's the same old story... don't eat this, don't drink that. Why was I putting so many restrictions on my favorite holiday season that only happens once a year? I recognize that I make daily sacrifices, and once in awhile it's okay to indulge. Fast forward to today- I had a great night and I ate and drank like everyone else. I think letting yourself have a treat on special occasions is well worth all the hard work that you put in on a regular basis.

We are so busy this month that I'm going to have to pick and chose when I can and should induldge. This month alone we have 3 Seahawk football games, 2 music shows, Christmas, my BIRTHDAY, New Years Eve, various dinner parties, and then on top of that Damien's parents are staying with us for a week and a half during the holiday and they cook the entire time! I am going to have to come up with a game plan by tomorrow or I may find myself unprepared in many tempting situations.

Small changes are the best way to start off versus changing everything at once. Once you've successfully made a few changes, then challenge yourself to something else. For me, I really need to work on completely eliminating dairy. So instead of just cutting it out entirely, I will aim for not having any dairy during the week. I think that's definitely doable.

How are you handling the demands of the holiday season to stay on track? Do you have a game plan or any challenges in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment