Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Talking and Walking to my own Advice

Have you started wrapping presents?

Tonight is our first Christmas party- my boyfriend's (Damien) work party is tonight. Everything is always top-secret. We were told where to meet just a few hours ago at 7pm, wear jeans, a warm coat and sneakers. Should be interesting.

Now to the point of today's entry. I enjoy giving advice, telling my friends my honest opinions and what I'd do in their situation. Why is it easier to tell people what to do, but harder to follow our own advice?

Weight-loss is not rocket science- we have to eat healthy, exercise, and get our beauty sleep. There are a lot of other contributing factors like work, stress, relationships, families, etc that all play a role, and somehow we have to find a balance. I feel like a hypocrit when I advise my friends to add more protein to their meals, suggest getting 7-8 hrs of sleep, or to limit alcohol intake. I need to not just talk the talk, but walk the walk. I know when this happens, I will see progress, and you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment