Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 of 21

Today is first day of my cleanse/detox. 21 days to rid my body of toxins. 21 days to create new habits. 21 days to prove to you and myself that I can do this for just 3 weeks.

I've taken a break from Jamie Eason's program for this month. I bought 3 new sessions with my old trainer and will resume my weight routine in February.

So, what exactly is my plan? Well, here's a rough draft. Learn as you go, right?

  • Unlimited: Lean protein, vegetables
  • Limited: Sugar (fruit), caffeine (coffee, tea)
  • Eliminated: Dairy, alcohol, soy, gluten, eggs, peanuts, corn

Daily Goals:

  • 7-8hrs of sleep. Set alarm at 8pm to begin 1 hr shutdown.
  • Drink water first thing in the morning. 70oz total each day.
  • Follow exercise plan

What's for dinner?!

Zucchini "noodles" + ground turkey breast with marinara sauce


All you need is a regular peeler. First, peel off the skin, and then peel the zucchini until you start to see the seeds. Next, sauté the "noodles" with extra virgin olive oil, dash of salt/pepper, in a pan on about medium heat. You'll be able to tell when they start to get soft, about 5 minutes once it started to get hot.



For the sauce I started off with the ground turkey breast and cooked it all the way through. In a separate pan I sautéed red bell peppers, celery, onions and garlic, and then added the turkey breast and organic marinara sauce (Trader Joe's).

This was actually really good! Perfect substitution for noodles, and it's incredibly easy. Now it's your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment