Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rolled Oats... in a Shake??

Sometimes when you're in a rush in the mornings for breakfast, a shake is the perfect go-to meal. This morning I tried something new and added ground rolled oats. I buy my rolled oats from Trader Joe's. I put about a 1/4c into our blender and let it run for maybe 30 seconds until it was ground even.

I only used about 2T of the ground rolled oats, and put the leftovers in a jar for later. Next I added the rest of my ingredients: 1/2 banana, blueberries, blackberries, kale, vegan protein powder and unsweeted almond milk. Next time I'll try to measure/weigh everything out so I know how many calories I'm consuming! I put the lid on and I was out the door with breakfast!

After trying different kinds of rolled oats, I like this brand the best. If I'm cooking it on the stove or in the microwave, I usually top it with blueberries or 1/2 banana. Delicious!

NUTRITION
Meal 1 730am: Shake: 2T ground, rolled oats, 1/2 banana, handful of blueberries/blackberries, kale, vegan protein powder, unsweetened almond milk
Meal 2 2pm: 2.8oz leftover grilled chicken breast, Salad: mixed greens, baby carrots + balsamic vinaigrette , water, tea + 1/2 multivitamin, 1 fish oil
Meal 3 7pm: Trader joe's quinoa & red bean chips, salsa
Meal 4 730pm: 1c lentil soup, 1c chicken noodle soup, 1c mac & cheese (almond milk)

WORKOUT

  • 60min hot yoga
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment