Wednesday, December 19, 2012

No Bake Energy Balls

Just as the title says, there is absolutely NO baking involved in making this delicious snack that is loaded with protein, fiber, and other nutrients. I made these this morning before leaving for work today, which goes to show that it doesn't take a lot of time at all. Plus, they're easy to just grab and take on the go!

Ingredients:

  • 1c Rolled Oats
  • 1/2c Natural Peanut Butter (creamy)
  • 1/3c Honey
  • 1/2c Chocolate Chips
  • 1-2T Ground Faxseed
  • 1tsp Vanilla
  • Optional: 1/3c+ Coconut Fakes

Directions: Mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Roll the mixture into balls, and store in a container in the refrigerator.

I looked at a variety of recipes and these ingredients were the main ones, however I made a few changes with the ingredients & measurements. I substituted rolled oats instead of oatmeal. Other recipes added coconut flakes but I'm not a fan, neither is my boyfriend, so I didn't add them. Also, a lot of recipes used about a 1/2c-1c of ground flaxseed- again, I'm not a huge fan of the taste, so I cut back to 2T. For next time I'd like to use almond butter instead of peanut butter, so I'll report back later :)

Make 'em and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment